To cover? or not to cover? That is the question
There are many bedroom accessories that we might not be too familiar with, nevertheless it is important to learn about the difference and significance of each one of them to decide whether or not it is necessary for you; and for that you will find a wide selection of options; make sure you keep in mind what you need when looking for the best quality covers; think about how appropriate they are according to the way you sleep along with the type of weather you live at.
Let’s start by mentioning which main covers are use, the most recognize are Comforters and Duvets; this last cover is a soft large bag filled with different kind of materials use to cover a bed or protect a comforter; this is a great choice when you want to change your bedroom style without spending a lot of money, besides that it is simpler to clean since you only have to remove it and wash it easily; along with that you will have the following options to choose the type of duvet that most suits your needs:
- Filling, with natural materials (wool, bamboo or silk), or synthetic (microgel or microfiber); either way you choose will depend on the type of environment you want to have while sleeping.
- Weight, this is where the “Fill power” shows up, which means how much filling is used for this cover along with the heaviness of it.
- Thread count, keep in mind that with a higher thread count, the lighter the fabric will be, hence the softer will feel.
But then, what exactly is a comforter? The best way to define it is by mentioning that it is a cover made with several layers of fabric, in which the specifically purpose is to keep you warm at night. These will ultimate depends on the materials that are used, like cotton, silk, bamboo or synthetic fibers. Comforters will provide you a luxury and comfortable style to your bed, inviting you every time you step into your bedroom to have a pleasant restful night.
Always consider the following specifications when buying a comforter or a duvet:
- Size; no matter if your bed is a king, queen, or single size, there is a choice for every type of mattress that will fit perfectly to your needs.
- Weight; choose between a light, regular, or summer weight, each one will provide the comfort you require, depending on the temperature of the location you live at.
- Material; because of the main purpose comforters have, they are often made with polyester and wool; nevertheless, there are other options like cotton and silk that can be used in hot weathers.